Promoting your blog the easy way:
Do you, like many others today, have a blog? Are you struggling with how to promote your blog? Finding it hard to get visitors? Then this article is for you. It contains a lot of helpful tips and tricks on ways of promoting your blog and get more viewers to actually keep coming back to read your articles. Remember blog promotion doesn’t have to be hard. Once you know where to start blog promotion will become a problem of the past.
- Post, Post, Post! One of the best but most overlooked ways to increase readers is to post more articles. By posting more, you get more recognition and traffic. Your viewer numbers could spike immediately just by posting one more article than you usually do. How difficult is it to just write one more than usual? If you’d really like to promote your blog though, increase the number of articles you post by more than just one.
- Word Count Matters – Longer is better, at least according to Google. Longer referring to word count, that is. It’s been proven that Google shows articles with a bigger word count sooner than it would show a shorter article. So spice it up, keep it going, without going on and on. The articles ranked highest on Google usually have a word count of over 2,000 words. So, get ready for a few sleepless nights with the coffee pot as your friend.
- Share the Love – It can be very beneficial to you if you write an article for another person’s blog. Look for someone with a more popular blog and guest blog for them. You get to have a short bio that tells about the author (you), and you get more notice from an article on a popular blog.
- Share Your Comments – Start posting comments on popular writers’ blogs. This gives you the potential of getting noticed by their users or even the person who runs the blog. Maybe you’ll get a shot or offer at guest blogging for them if they notice you and like your work. Either way, your traffic will increase by the blog’s viewers checking out who you are through your comment.
- Linking is Key – Link other bloggers in your articles and then let them know about it. This will usually increase the amount of times your articles get shared. Don’t just passively post and wait to reap the rewards, actively promote yourself and your work, talk to people and get them to share and help them out in return.
- Be Social About It – Use social media to your advantage! Share your work and your blog on any social media platform you can and get your friends to share it so their friends can see and the chain continues. Word of mouth is no longer the fastest way to share information; social media is the fastest way for things to spread. The South has nothing on Facebook.
- Contest Time – Another way to boost traffic is to host a blogging contest. Everyone enjoys the excitement of entering a contest. You can make a rule to compete for contestants to share your blog over social media or write an article about your blog. If you can get sponsors to blog about your contest, that will help you reach your goals in a shorter amount of time.
- Shout Outs – See if you can find a similar blogger to do a “shout out” with. Meaning, you can mention and promote them to your followers and they will do the same for you to their viewers. Do not do this with someone who blogs and writes about a completely different category than you though, as the viewer base will not be the same type that follows your blog.
- Activate Member Status – Become an active member on popular forums in your category. This doesn’t mean that you should flood the message boards promoting your blog, but if you can actually be a useful and contributing member to the boards, people will be more willing to check your work out when you mention it. If the site allows you to have a signature, promote your blog there so whenever you post, it’s a small promo for you.
- Be Shareable – Actually include buttons that share your articles to social media. When people see a little Facebook button, they are more likely to share it instead of having to copy the link of your article, open a new tab to Facebook, and share it manually. It isn’t hard to do all of that, but we are an age of convenience. If things aren’t easily laid out and inviting, people are less likely to take the bait. However, try not to have a million social sharing buttons on your page. Pick the main social media platforms that you want to advertise yourself on, and go from there. Make the obscure media goers do it the old fashion way.
- Current Events – Keep an eye out on current events. Bloggers that have become popular take advantage of a situation when it arises. Did Kimye do something else that the media views as riveting? Take the chance and write an article on it. More people will be searching for the story and you’ll get more traffic from popular topics. This could also increase your viewer base, when they come for the cat story and stay for your content.
- Speak Your Mind – Take a stance on controversial matters, or at the very least, blog about them. Controversy breeds popularity. People tend to look up controversial matters pretty often and when they do, bam! There’s your article just waiting for them to read.
- Be Personable – Give your viewers a little taste of what life is like for you. Show them what they do for you by reading your blog or by sharing your work, let them know how much it means to you. If you don’t have a bond with your viewers, you aren’t maximizing your potential.
- Podcast – Another idea to promote your blog is to start your very own podcast. Podcasts are quickly becoming the way people get their information. Podcasts are super convenient as people can listen to them anywhere while they are busy instead of needing to read an article for every bit of information. People live for convenience. If you advertise your podcast to your current following, they will start listening and more people will flow in, which you can direct them to your blog from there.
Hopefully these tips will lead you on a better and more successful path to promoting your blog. While there are so many other ways you could be promoting your blog, these are just some of the ways I have learned that are generally free. Much better if you are on a low budget and can’t really afford paid traffic advertising.
If you would like to learn how to build a successful blog and learn even more tips like me. The you may want to check out Wealthy Affiliate and get started just like I did. Whatever you decide to do I wish you all the best. Happy blogging and good luck!